Becoming a
Rehabilitation Counsellor

In order to provide vocational rehabilitation services The Heads of Workers Compensation Authyority have specified minimum qualifications/ criteria in order to obtain approval as a provider. The Approval process is managed by the relevent compensationg authority. In South Australia this is WorkCoverSA or Comcare.

In order to process an application for a provider number, evidence is required of both the membership status and an approved tertiary qualification which enable:

  • Full or Associate membership of the Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors (ASORC)
  • Full membership of Rehabilitation Counsellors Association of Australia (RCAA)
  • Registration with the Occupational Therapist Board of SA
  • Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of SA
  • Registration with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
  • Registration with the Psychological Board (SA)
  • Full membership of Speech Pathology Australia
  • Full membership of Australian Association of Social Workers
  • Registration with the Medical Board of SA
  • Registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board SA





Please send applications by email to, with you resume as a file attachment (MSWord or PDF).